Sound of Music Properties
Richmond, Virginia 23230
Dear artist or artisan,
These markets will be opportunities for us local folks that love art in every form to feature local artists we adore. It will give the Sound of Music Building a beautiful and evolving entry space, and for you to be 1 of 5 exclusive artists showing and selling your works for a day and displaying select piece(s) for a month in the public entry space in the Sound of Music Building. Our building has a very eclectic demographical mix from our recording studio, photographers, music stores, artists, and artisans, just to name a few.
Here are the details:
1. This is open only to local artists and artisans.
2. Participating artists will be chosen at least a month in advance by Kelly Adams, Stuff, a representative from Sound of Music, and a heARTcoreRVA.org board member.
3. The 5 artists who participate each month will have the option of displaying a piece (or pieces, depending upon size) of their art for an entire month in the Sound of Music entry where everyone who enters the building will see the works and artist information.
4. Artists pay $30 in advance to Sound of Music Properties to reserve a 6 ft. tablespace in the entry for one designated Saturday (10 AM - 5 PM). This space will be in the lobby of the building, not the area you displayed before.
5. Set up for each event begins after 8 AM on the day of the event and takedown must be completed no later than 6 PM.
6. Stuff, heARTcoreRVA.org, and Sound of Music Properties will provide digital graphics suitable for printing and will advertise through their social media platforms.
7. Each participating artist is expected to advertise using graphics provided.
8. The event dates will be announced each season so that artists can plan and apply in advance. Spring (March, April, May), Summer (June, July, August), Fall (September, October, November) and Winter (December, January, February).
9. To apply for March, April, or May, please complete the short application and email it back!
The first heARTmarket is March 21, 2020, and will be in conjunction with a guitar and open mike expo put on by One Three Guitar [another retailer in the building]. This means even more foot traffic through 1710. There are only 5 spots available so fill out the application and get it back to us ASAP.
We look forward to offering you a little piece of Scott's Addition real estate for the day and seeing your talented works fill our space!
Sound of Music Properties, Stuff, and heART Core are starting a monthly art and artisan markets to be held on predetermined Saturdays, the first of which will be March 21st, April 18th, and May 9th, 2020.
Interested in participating?